Listed in Associations
- 421 Aviation Way, Frederick, Maryland 21701.
- (800) 872-2672
AOPA – Aircraft Owners & Pilots Association
With hundreds of thousands of members, AOPA – Aircraft Owners & Pilots Association is the largest, most influential general aviation association in the world. AOPA has achieved its prominent position through effective advocacy, enlightened leadership, technical competence, and hard work. Providing member services that range from representation at the federal, state, and local levels to legal services, advice, and other assistance, AOPA has built a service organization that far exceeds any other in the aviation community.
AOPA – Aircraft Owners & Pilots Association’s Mission
We protect your freedom to fly by…
- advocating on behalf of our members,
- educating pilots, nonpilots, and policy makers alike,
- supporting activities that ensure the long-term health of General Aviation,
- fighting to keep General Aviation accessible to all, and
- securing sufficient resources to ensure our success.
AOPA – Aircraft Owners & Pilots Association’s Vision
AOPA is the beacon for those who cherish the freedom to fly. It demonstrates what is possible when a determined organization listens to its members, collaborates with its colleagues, finds solutions with its partners in government, and focuses its resources—all to secure the future of General Aviation. AOPA’s success is proof that the public good can be served while individual freedoms are preserved.
AOPA – Aircraft Owners & Pilots Association’s Values
As members of a vibrant and diverse community, we at AOPA commit to the following defining values.
- Initiative – Getting things started and getting things done—the ability to identify and follow-through on an idea, task, plan, or action.
- Teamwork – Working together to reach a common goal.
- Service – Commitment to using all of our skills, experience and resources for the benefit of our members, the GA community, and the AOPA team.
- Integrity – Commitment to ethical principles.
- Excellence – An environment that fosters pride and success in what we do for our members and general aviation.